This is a annual workshop and festival established in 2005. The workshop festival involves over 100 artists each year. The participants consist of, The Thai National Artists, Artists of Distinction, Faculties of Poh Chang University, as well as international artists. The Artist in residency program proposal will run for 2 weeks over January and February .
The purpose of the workshop is to create an opportunity for artists over 24 countries, Fine Art Students from Poh- Chang University and Professors and lectures from a range of international universities including United Kingdom, France, Sweden, the United States, China, Japan, Korea, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Sri Lanka to name a few to come together for dialogue, discussion and observation of each others' artistic process. In total there will be over 250 artists at the workshop.
Curator,Pimpisa Tinpalit has run and attended the International Art Workshop in Poh Chang Academy of Art for the last 3 years taking Australian Artists over to experience and build international links and relationships with other South East Asian Artist and Universities.
The people to people cultural exchange elements of this program is highlighted in the integration aspects of the workshop that include:
• Australian Artists working along side Thai and other international artists attending the workshop to produce work across painting, photography, mixed media, performance Arts and Sculpture
• Each Australian Artist will also work with between 2 to 5 Thai students to produce work over the course of the works shop. This people to people exchange allows the Thai students to develop understanding of the Australian artists creative influences, experiences in Australia, the skills and creative processes they use and to collaborate together throughout the workshop.
• Not only are Students from Poh Chang given the opportunity for the cross cultural and creative exchange but other universities across Thailand attend and see the process the Australian Artists are undertaking and they are able to engage with the Artists.
• Australian Artists also work along side Thai artists and Professors and Lectures seeing and experiencing there process to create work across similar and different mediums This environment inspires visual ideas that were shared and exchanged as the artists watched each other processes.
• This event is an invaluable opportunity for Australian Artists to gain new understand- ings, exchange ideas, experience Thai culture with Thai Artists also benefiting from Australian Artist and sharing and learning about the Australian culture.
What: International Art Workshop
Where: - Poh-Chang Academe of Art, Bangkok, Thailand
Art in Residency